15 January 2011

Snowflakes are Nature's Sequins



So after having a snowboard in my closet for the last year, I figured it was time to finally take it out on the slopes. My friend Nathalie and I went about 30 minutes north to Snow Snake, a cute little ski park. I had attempted snowboarding once before, but it was an utter failure. This time was much different. Nathalie took time to teach me the basics. I so appreciate her :o) It was a fun day of quality time with an old friend and the beginning of many trips down the mountain. Sore and tired were pretty much my life story for about five days after. Thinking that getting too old for this type of thing. ;o)

I can't help but smile when it starts to snow outside. I really do not like the cold, but there is something about snow that just makes me happy. I can't say exactly when this all began, but I know every since moving back to the mid-west, I have loved it. My favorite thing to do on a snowy evening is to walk around downtown with white lights in the trees. Beautiful. The smell of wood burning in a fire place another favorite. I am hoping to soon experience playing hockey on one of the ponds in town. I don't think you get many opportunities to do things like this in big cities. I guess this small town of Mt. Pleasant, MI is again finding a place in my heart. And it all started with snow.

"He orders the snow, 'Blanket the earth!' and the rain, 'Soak the whole countryside!" Job 37:6

No comments: