31 December 2010

Forgetting Resolutions

I can't believe that I have returned back to the world of blogging. My first reasons for ever wanting to post was to allow my family to keep tabs on me. I have been living the nomadic life since leaving home after high school, it seems. I guess my reason for jumping back on has been a process over the last couple of years. If I can get talked into using Twitter, why not blog right? So the reason remains the same. To those who care to keep up with me on my random or not so random adventures.

How fitting it is that today is New Year's Eve. This is usually the time people tend to try something new out in their lives. Resolutions. To quite smoking, to loose weight, to get organized (just to name a few). I don't really do resolutions. I think maybe because I probably forget that I made them in the first place. There are a few things on my heart that I will be striving to do this next year. To seek God's will for my life in every decision that I make. That I would allow Him to pull me out of my comfort zone and take me places I've never dreamt of. To live everyday as my last. 

These are not resolutions. Not even promises. But desires that has been placed on my heart to do because of the calling placed upon me and all who call God their Daddy. 
 
"...Walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit--just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call-- one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." Ephesians 4:1-6
 
 I will for sure take a tumble or two along the way, but I know that if I remain focused on Jesus (my strength) I will stand firm in the end. The same is true for all. Hence the name of this blog: the heights. Also the name of a David Crowder song that I rather enjoy :o) The picture in the heading is of myself and some students as we descended Notch Mountain in Colorado (elevation 13237 ft). It was one of the hardest things I have ever done, yet amazingly awesome! I didn't go in with many expectations, just a fun time really. I surprisingly was blessed with the most beautiful sunrise and view of  a "sea" of red mountains. I expect to be challenged and surprised in this next year. Hopefully you do too. Happy New Year!
The lighting shelter others and I slept in on Notch Mountain. 


No comments: