What a crazy week it was last week. I decided to start doing the P90X. Pretty sure you have probably seen the infomercial. Basic idea: Your body and way of life will be changed in 90 days. No major equipment necessary. After seeing the commercials so many times, I decided to finally check it out for myself. Prefect that I have time this summer and friends who want to do it with me. Did I mention that we are doing it at 0545am most days? Yeah, but this is good for me since I normally am up at that hour for work during the semesters. My plan: going to do it for 60 days. Why? Well, I leave for a big trip in just under 60 days. But, I am really enjoying it so far. Most likely I'll continue for the last 30 days. We'll see. For those not too familiar, the workouts mostly consist of body weight training for specific muscle groups. It is encouraged to use a pull up bar and free weights or bands. I can't do very many pull ups, so it has been good to start with bands. Each workout really targets what it says it will. I can't remember my upper back being sore after working out. But after doing the back and legs workout, I was sore there for sure. Most of the workouts, ok ALL the workouts last about an hour. There is also a 90min yoga session. I don't remember sweating during a yoga session before! I feel that I call out to Jesus mostly during the ab session. It has become a love/hate relationship. If I want to shape up those abs, I gotta bring it!
A nutrition plan is included that helps you to become better educated on what foods will best help your training and allow for pounds to be shed. I have yet to commit to this plan. Mostly because I didn't prepare beforehand. Didn't make sense to throw away food. I think Tony Horton (creator of P90X) would disagree. But I have already made major changes like not eating out. I have not eaten out since starting the program. If you know me, I love to eat out. I eat out most of my meals. I have also been drinking A LOT of milk, more than I probably have in a short time span. Basically I'm using the milk as a recovery drink. It's packed with whey protein which is great for recovering muscles after exercise.
Don't think that I will be posting a before or after picture on this site. I don't think that anyone should be exposed to that...jk! I think that my current build would be considered "athletic." So my major goals are to get washboard abs and learn better eating habits. I figure I should have already been doing this since I'm an athletic trainer. I have always jokingly called myself a hypocrite of my profession. But no more! Now that I'm 30, it's time to make a change. I will try to post more regularly as I continue to BRING IT! I hope that you too are inspired to get active if you are not already.
2 comments:
But is McDonalds allowed on this plan? :)
Hahaha! You are the second person to ask me that! No trips to McDonald's will be taking place.
Post a Comment