One more day until I finish my second week of P90X. They creators of this program are not lying when they say that this is an extreme fitness plan. Yes, the exercises are challenging, but that isn't the hardest part. We not for me at least. I have been active most of my life, not to mention that I was once in the Army. Not that fitness comes easy to me, by no means. It's the challenge that motivates me. Though waking up everyday at 5am to exercises might seem like a drag, it isn't the hardest part. What about the part that the workouts are all at least 60min or longer? No. Honestly the hardest part for me has been the diet plan.
For some crazy reason I have gotten away with eating pretty much whatever I have wanted most of my life. Before you hate me, remember, skinny people have heart attacks too. I've heard too many stories about that to not believe it. I should also mention that I am not a "sweets" person. I don't really like the taste of most desserts/candies/chocolate. I do eat some, but really not much. And I gave up drinking pop years ago. My downfall: fried foods and carbs. Most likely spun from my mom being from the south. Soul Food. Enough said. This P90X food plan requires me right now to focus on eating mostly proteins and very little servings of everything else. I have realized quickly how much and easily I have given in to eating tons of carbs and other fatty foods. Not that it is totally a bad thing, but I realize choosing better eating habits includes a few more veggies and not visiting the 'golden arches' every week.
I can resist fatty foods for the most part, but carbs are my best friends!! I think I actually might be obsessed with them. Obsessed is possibly the wrong word, but close enough. They taste too good to be left alone. Plus they actually do fuel athletes with the proper energy needed to sport. Truth. But not needed when trying to shape up the tummy. I will get to return back to eating carbs during the last 30days of this program. Positive Thoughts! I welcome any positive input. Let the countdown to carbs begin!

No comments:
Post a Comment