"The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights." - Habakkuk 3:19
05 July 2011
Day 30: Celebrate With a Kick!!
It's time to celebrate a small milestone. I have reached day 30 with P90X!! Wasn't sure at first how far I was going to make it. When people say that this program is hard, they are not joking. I have done many challenging things in my lifetime (i.e. Army basic training), but this almost doesn't compare. I think mostly because I am a bit older than I was when I joined the military. The body doesn't respond to physical activity like it did in my late teens and early twenties. The thing that has remained the same and/or has gotten better over the years is my will. Without that, I don't think that I would have the strength to get through most things. I'm competitive by nature, so that doesn't hurt either when trying to accomplish something.
I am still having issues with the nutrition plan. This I feel is probably normal for most people. Whenever someone tries to change something that is common to them, there will be a struggle. I've had no problem not eating McDonald's or other fast food. Thank God! But it is summer time, which is filled with festivals of all kinds that promote some kind of food indulgence that I can't not give into. Not to mention that vacation time is a very hard time to keep to a diet when those around you are not on the same plan. Regardless, I allowed myself to enjoy whatever foods at a minimum and go back to my salads and low carbs dinners.
Overall, I feel a little healthier and even a little stronger. The some of the workouts have gotten a little easier. The only issue being that this next phase introduces new workouts. This is good for my body so that it doesn't get used to the same old thing, but more challenging for my mind. Hope you find yourself being challenged in some way today!! Gotta push it to the next level!! So excited for the challenge!! Let's Go!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment