"The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights." - Habakkuk 3:19
07 May 2011
Restoring Unity
It is interesting that even as a Christian, it is easy to forget sometimes that our lives are not about us. We are called by Christ to love and serve those around us, yet we tend to think about life from the "me" perspective. The Rally to Restore Unity has been a great reminder of that my life is not my own. Thanks Rachel! I have had an opportunity to learn more about different beliefs within Christianity. I may not agree with you on everything, but I'm always up for a healthy (friendly) debate about it :o) I believe that we can all agree on this passage here:
"And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life ?" 26 And He said to him, "What is written in the Law ? How does it read to you?" 27 And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND ; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." 28 And He said to him, "You have answered correctly ; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE." (Luke 10:25-28)
Let's all choose to LIVE! I hope you get a moment today to ponder this passage and learn some new things yourself. Maybe you will even be inspired to spread a little love to that person sitting next to you.
Click HERE to Give Someone Clean Water!!
Labels:
Spritiual Challenges
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment