27 February 2011

Indoor MAC Track Championships!

Holly, Danielle, and Raeanne in the 3000m
Our track team traveled to Bowling Green, OH for indoor track champs. It was nice to head back to one of my many homes in the last decade. It for sure brought back many memories from my graduate school days. Since I worked with the track team at BG, I got a chance to see some of my previous athletes compete as well. Not to mention, it was nice to chat and work along side one of my past supervisors. Kind of weird that we are now peers. How time moves.

The team did not win, but many performed very well. A couple of them are now MAC champs! The goal they been striving for since they were freshmen. It's awesome for me to watch them overcome injures and perform the best in their event.

I noticed more during this trip how much I actually eat. A LOT! I have favorite restaurants in every city I have lived in. So it is a must to hit those places as well as check out the spread at the track meets and after. I almost thought about tracking my weight by taking a before and after track season picture, but thought that might be depressing to others, not me :o) Here are some pictures of the event!

Kevin Mays - MAC champ in weight throw



Mike, John, and Alex. All placed in the shot put!  


Me eating Polleyes!! A must if you visit BG.

Reynaldo doing his "Sonic the Hedgehog" race hair 


  
Jake won 3rd place in the high jump!






Me eating again. This time Chipotle!



Long distance coach, Matt and I

My past supervisor Annette

No comments: